The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Agency--Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
(2) Commissioner--The Commissioner of Higher Education.
(3) Complainant or student--A current, former, or prospective
student of an institution who submits a complaint to the Agency regarding
(4) Educational association--Independent Colleges and
Universities of Texas, Inc. (ICUT).
(5) Institution--A public or private (non-profit, not-for-profit,
or for-profit) institution of higher education that the legislature
or the Agency has authorized to operate in Texas.
(6) Student complaint form--A standard form required
for filing a student complaint with the Agency, available on the Agency's
website or by request in hard copy form from the Agency.
(7) Title IV participating exempt school--A school
exempted by the Texas Workforce Commission under Texas Education Code, §132.002(h).
|Source Note: The provisions of this §1.110 adopted to be effective November 28, 2012, 37 TexReg 9353; amended to be effective November 24, 2013, 38 TexReg 8421; amended to be effective June 6, 2016, 41 TexReg 3995