Any soil stabilization facility that operates according to the following
conditions of this section is permitted by rule.
(1) All bulk storage silos shall be equipped with fabric filter(s)
having a maximum filtering velocity of 4.0 feet per minute (ft/min) with mechanical
cleaning or 7.0 ft/min with automatic air cleaning.
(2) All conveyor belts transferring dry material to the
pug mill shall be top covered.
(3) The pug mill used to mix the materials shall be covered.
(4) All permanent in-plant roads and vehicle work areas
shall be watered, oiled, or paved and cleaned as necessary to achieve maximum
control of dust emissions.
(5) An audible and/or visible mechanism shall be installed
on the storage silo(s) to notify operators that the silo is full.
(6) All stockpiles shall be sprinkled with water and/or
chemicals as necessary to achieve maximum control of dust emissions.
(7) When emulsified asphalt is used as the stabilizing
admixture, the emulsified asphalt shall be stored in a container used exclusively
for emulsified asphalt storage. Transfer of emulsified asphalt from the storage
tank to the pug mill shall be accomplished by means of a pump and metering
(8) Before construction of the facility begins, written
site approval shall be received from the executive director and the facility
shall be registered with the commission's Office of Permitting, Remediating,
and Registration in Austin using Form PI-7.
(9) The facility shall be located at least 300 feet from
any recreational area, school, residence, or other structure not occupied
or used solely by the owner of the facility or the owner of the property upon
which the facility is located. This distance limitation does not apply to
structures within the boundaries of the project for which the facility is
to process stabilized soil when the facility is located on or contiguous to