Figure: 30 TAC §37.661
CORPORATE GUARANTEE FOR LIABILITY
Guarantee made this (date) by (name of guaranteeing entity), a business corporation organized under the laws of (if incorporated within the United States insert "the State of __________" and insert name of State; if incorporated outside the United States insert the name of the country in which incorporated, the principal place of business within the United States, and the name and physical and mailing addresses of the registered agent in the State of the principal place of business), herein referred to as guarantor. This guarantee is made on behalf of (owner or operator) of (physical and mailing addresses), which is (one of the following: our subsidiary or an entity with which guarantor has a substantial business relationship as defined in 30 TAC §37.11 (relating to Definitions), to any and all third parties who have sustained or may sustain bodily injury or property damage caused by (sudden and/or nonsudden) accidental occurrences arising from operation of the facility(ies) covered by this guarantee.
1. Guarantor meets or exceeds the financial test criteria and agrees to comply with the reporting requirements for guarantors as specified in 30 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §37.541 (relating to Financial Test for Liability) and §37.551 (relating to Corporate Guarantee for Liability).
2. (Owner or operator) owns or operates the following facility(ies) covered by this guarantee: (List for each facility: permit number, name, and physical and mailing addresses; and if guarantor is incorporated outside the United States list the name and physical and mailing addresses of the guarantor’s registered agent in each State.) This corporate guarantee satisfies third-party liability requirements for (sudden and/or nonsudden) accidental occurrences in above-named owner or operator facilities for coverage in the amount of (dollar amount) for each occurrence and (dollar amount) annual aggregate.
3. For value received from (owner or operator), guarantor guarantees to any and all third parties who have sustained or may sustain bodily injury or property damage caused by (sudden and/or nonsudden) accidental occurrences arising from operations of the facility(ies) covered by this guarantee that in the event that (owner or operator) fails to satisfy a judgment or award based on a determination of liability for bodily injury or property damage to third parties caused by (sudden and/or nonsudden) accidental occurrences, arising from the operation of the above-named facilities, or fails to pay an amount agreed to in settlement of a claim arising from or alleged to arise from such injury or damage, the guarantor will satisfy such judgment(s), award(s) or settlement agreement(s) up to the limits of coverage identified above.
4. Such obligation does not apply to any of the following:
(a) Bodily injury or property damage for which (owner or operator) is obligated to pay damages by reason of the assumption of liability in a contract or agreement. This exclusion does not apply to liability for damages that (owner or operator) would be obligated to pay in the absence of the contract or agreement.
(b) Any obligation of (owner or operator) under a workers’ compensation, disability benefits, or unemployment compensation law or any similar law.
(c) Bodily injury to:
(1) An employee of (owner or operator) arising from, and in the course of, employment by (owner or operator); or
(2) The spouse, child, parent, brother, or sister of that employee as a consequence of, or arising from, and in the course of employment by (owner or operator). This exclusion applies:
(A) Whether (owner or operator) may be liable as an employer or in any other capacity; and
(B) To any obligation to share damages with or repay another person who must pay damages because of the injury to persons identified in paragraphs (1) and (2).
(d) Bodily injury or property damage arising out of the ownership, maintenance, use, or entrustment to others of any aircraft, motor vehicle or watercraft.
(e) Property damage to:
(1) Any property owned, rented, or occupied by (owner or operator);
(2) Premises that are sold, given away or abandoned by (owner or operator ) if the property damage arises out of any part of those premises;
(3) Property loaned to (owner or operator);
(4) Personal property in the care, custody or control of (owner or operator);
(5) That particular part of real property on which (owner or operator) or any contractors or subcontractors working directly or indirectly on behalf of (owner or operator) are performing operations, if the property damage arises out of these operations.
5. Guarantor agrees that if, at the end of any fiscal year before termination of this guarantee, the guarantor fails to meet the financial test criteria, guarantor shall send within 90 days, by certified mail, notice to the TCEQ executive director and to (owner or operator) that guarantor intends to provide alternate liability coverage as specified in Subchapter F of 30 TAC Chapter 37 (relating to Financial Assurance Mechanisms for Liability), in the name of (owner or operator). Within 120 days after the end of such fiscal year, the guarantor shall establish such liability coverage unless (owner or operator) has done so.
6. The guarantor agrees to notify the TCEQ executive director by certified mail of a voluntary or involuntary proceeding under title 11 (Bankruptcy), U.S. Code, naming guarantor as debtor, within 10 days after commencement of the proceeding.
7. Guarantor agrees that within 30 days after being notified by the TCEQ executive director of a determination that guarantor no longer meets the financial test criteria or is disallowed from continuing as a guarantor, guarantor shall establish alternate liability coverage as specified in Subchapter F of 30 TAC Chapter 37 in the name of (owner or operator), unless (owner or operator) has done so.
8. Guarantor reserves the right to modify this agreement to take into account amendment or modification of the liability requirements set by Subchapter E of 30 TAC Chapter 37 (relating to Financial Assurance Requirements for Liability Coverage), provided that such modification shall become effective only if the TCEQ executive director does not disapprove the modification within 30 days of receipt of notification of the modification.
9. Guarantor agrees to remain bound under this guarantee for so long as (owner or operator) must comply with the applicable requirements of Subchapter E of 30 TAC Chapter 37 for the above-listed facility(ies), except as provided in Paragraph 10 of this agreement.
10. Guarantor may terminate this guarantee by sending notice by certified mail to the TCEQ executive director and to (owner or operator) provided that this guarantee may not be terminated unless and until (the owner or operator) obtains, and the TCEQ executive director approves, alternate financial assurance for liability coverage complying with Subchapter F of 30 TAC Chapter 37.
11. Guarantor hereby expressly waives notice of acceptance of this guarantee by any party.
12. Guarantor agrees that this guarantee is in addition to and does not affect any other responsibility or liability of the guarantor with respect to the covered facilities.
13. The Guarantor shall satisfy a third-party liability claim only on receipt of one of the following documents:
(a) Certification from the Principal and the third-party claimant(s) that the liability claim should be paid. The certification must be worded as follows, except that instructions in parentheses are to be replaced with the relevant information and the parentheses deleted:
CERTIFICATION OF VALID CLAIM
The undersigned, as parties the Principal (name of principal) and (name and address of third-party claimant(s)), hereby certify that the claim of bodily injury and/or property damage caused by a (sudden and/or nonsudden) accidental occurrence arising from operating (Principal’s) facility should be paid in the amount of $ (amount).
(Notary) Date ______________________________
(Notary) Date ________________________________
or (b) A valid final court order establishing a judgment against the Principal for bodily injury or property damage caused by (sudden and/or nonsudden) accidental occurrences arising from the operation of the Principal’s facility or group of facilities.
14. In the event of combination of this guarantee with another mechanism to meet liability requirements, this guarantee will be considered (primary or excess) coverage.
I hereby certify that the wording of the guarantee is identical to the wording specified in 30 TAC §37.661 as such regulations were constituted on the date shown immediately below.
Effective date: _________________________________
(Name of guarantor) ____________________________
(Authorized signature for guarantor) _______________
(Name of person signing) ________________________
(Title of person signing) _________________________
Signature of witness notary:____________________