Figure: 30 TAC §335.521(d)
Appendix 4. Seven-Day Distilled Water Leachate Test
This test is intended only for dry, solid wastes, i.e., waste materials without any free liquids.
1. Place a 250 gm. (dry weight) representative sample of the waste material in a 1,500 ml. Erlenmayer flask.
2. Add one liter of deionized or distilled water into the flask and mechanically stir the material at a low speed for five minutes.
3. Stopper the flask and allow to stand for seven days.
4. At the end of seven days, filter the supernatant solution through a .45-micron filter, collecting the supernatant into a separate flask.
5. Subject the filtered leachate to the appropriate analysis.