Open Meeting Archive
|Agency Name:||State Securities Board|
|Date of Meeting:||11/14/2017|
|Time of Meeting:||10:00 AM|
|Board:||State Securities Board|
|Street Location:||208 E. 10th Street, Room 320|
|Date of Submission:||11/03/2017|
|Additional Information Obtained From:||Travis Iles, Securities Commissioner 208 E. 10th Street Austin, TX 78701 (512) 305-8301|
1. Minutes of August 1, 2017, Board Meeting; Consider excused absences, if any.
A. Published Rule Proposal.
1. Amending §139.25(f), concerning intrastate crowdfunding exemption, to raise the maximum offering amount when a segregated account may be used in lieu of an escrow account.
B. New Rule Proposals.
1. Crowdfunding Issuers.
a. New §139.26, concerning intrastate crowdfunding exemption for SEC Rule 147A offerings.
b. New Form 133.21, concerning crowdfunding exemption notice for SEC Rule 147A offerings using §139.26.
2. Texas Crowdfunding Portals.
a. Amending §115.19, concerning Texas crowdfunding portal registration and activities, and §115.20, concerning Texas crowdfunding portal registration and activities of small business development entities, to add SEC Rule 147A offerings as ones that may be offered and sold through the registered portal's Internet website.
b. New Form 133.15, Texas crowdfunding portal registration, and New Form 133.20, Texas crowdfunding portal registration by an authorized small business development entity, to correspond to the changes being made to §115.19 and §115.20 adding SEC Rule 147A offerings.
c. Repeal of Form 133.15, Texas crowdfunding portal registration, and Form 133.20, Texas crowdfunding portal registration by an authorized small business development entity.
3. NASAA Statements of Policy (SOPs). Amending §113.14, concerning statements of policy, to add the NASAA SOP for Use of Electronic Offering Documents and Electronic Signatures; update the rule to reflect revisions to the NASAA SOPs for Preferred Stock, Promoters' Equity Investment, Specificity in Use of Proceeds, and Unequal Voting Rights; and update the Agency's website homepage.
4. Financial Exploitation, Section 45.
a. New §115.21, System Addressing Suspected Financial Exploitation of Vulnerable Customers Pursuant to the Texas Securities Act, Section 45.
b. New §116.21, System Addressing Suspected Financial Exploitation of Vulnerable Customers Pursuant to the Texas Securities Act, Section 45.
3. Board approval of a grant from the Investor Protection Trust for investor education purposes.
4. Review of the Agency's Internal Audit Report for FY 2017; recommendation from the Board's Audit Committee relating to the selection of internal auditor for the FY 2018 audit, possibly followed by a vote selecting the internal auditor for FY 2018.
5. Legislative update and appropriations for fiscal years 2018/2019.
6. Report on budget and performance.
7. Consider and possibly confirm designation of a new Deputy Securities Commissioner.
8. Consider and possibly adopt a resolution honoring John Morgan, former Securities Commissioner.
9. Update on Agency operations.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Sonia Fergerson at (512) 305-8306 at least five business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
|Datestamp:||11/03/2017 02:55 PM|