Open Meeting Archive
|Agency Name:||Texas Education Agency|
|Date of Meeting:||05/15/2019|
|Time of Meeting:||09:00 AM|
|Committee:||Texas Special Education Continuing Advisory Committee|
|Street Location:||Region 13 Education Service Center, 5701 Springdale Road, Austin|
|Date of Submission:||04/30/2019|
|Additional Information Obtained From:||Sandra Serna, Texas Education Agency, Division of Special Education, 1701 North Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas, (512) 463-9414|
|Agenda:||1. Welcome and Opening, Agenda, and Meeting Guidelines
2. Review and Approve Minutes from Previous Meeting (February 25, 2019)
3. Discuss, Recommend, and Take Possible Action on Meeting Minutes Completion Approval Process
4. Discuss, Recommend, and Take Possible Action on Bylaw Amendments
5. Discuss, Recommend, and Take Possible Action on Officer Elections
6. Discuss, Recommend, and Take Possible Action to Begin Preparing for the 2021 Legislative Report
7. Public Comments. Individuals who wish to provide public comment must sign up to speak by completing an information card at the location of the meeting between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. the day of the meeting. Each speaker will have a maximum of three minutes to speak, and speakers will be heard in the order they sign up. Individuals who wish to provide written comments to the Continuing Advisory Committee (CAC) during the meeting should bring 17 copies of the written comments to the CAC meeting so that they can be distributed to the committee members. The public comment period will take place after lunch to give ample time for visitors to sign up to speak and will last no more than 30 minutes. As many speakers as possible will be heard within that period. A speaker who signs up by the 11:00 a.m. deadline but is unable to speak because of the 30-minute time limit will be given the opportunity to speak first at the next meeting. The CAC chair may ask individuals who wish to speak on the same topic to consolidate their comments.
8. New Member Orientation. The CAC may discuss, recommend, and take possible action.
9. Texas Education Agency (TEA) Updates on Issues such as Disproportionality, United States Department of Education's Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) Visit, and the State Performance Plan (SPP)/Annual Performance Report (APR). The CAC may discuss, recommend, and take possible action.
10. Request for Updates. The CAC may ask TEA staff for updates on special education activities.
11. Discuss, Recommend, and Take Possible Action on Current Meeting Minutes
Persons requiring special accommodations, including the use of an interpreter, should contact Sandra Serna, Texas Education Agency, 512-463-9414, at least five working days before the committee meeting.
|Datestamp:||04/30/2019 01:50 PM|