Open Meeting Archive
|Agency Name:||State Securities Board|
|Date of Meeting:||10/08/2020|
|Time of Meeting:||10:00 AM|
|Board:||Texas State Securities Board|
|Street Location:||Telephone Conference Meeting|
|Date of Submission:||09/24/2020|
|Additional Information Obtained From:||Travis J. Iles, Securities Commissioner, 208 E. 10th Street Austin TX 78701, 512-305-8301|
Access Code 2050688
Governor Abbott has temporarily suspended certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act that require government officials and members of the public to be physically present at a specified meeting location. Pursuant to that suspension, the public will not be able to attend the Board meeting in person but may attend telephonically at no cost. To listen to the meeting, members of the public may call toll-free 1-877-226-9790 and enter access code 2050688.
The October 8th meeting of the State Securities Board will be held remotely by telephone conference call, as authorized under Texas Government Code, Section 551.125. An electronic copy of the agenda will be available at https://www.ssb.texas.gov/about-us/agency-reports/state-securities-board-meetings, along with a copy of the meeting materials. A recording of the meeting will be available after October 15, 2020. To obtain a recording, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-305-8304.
Members of the public who would like to address the Board on an agenda item must register by calling 512-305-8304 or emailing email@example.com by 9:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting and providing their full name, phone number, and identify the agenda item on which they wish to speak. You will be placed on a list and advised when it is your time to speak. All public comments at the telephonic meeting will be limited to three minutes. Members of the public may also submit written public comments to the Board via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Minutes of May 19, 2020, Board Meeting; consider excused absences, if any.
2. Review of internal audit report for FY 2020.
3. Rulemaking - Proposals:
A. Matching services.
1. Repeal of §109.15, Designated Matching Services.
2. Repeal of Form 133.35, Application for Designation of Matching Services Under §109.15.
B. Updates for SEC changes to definitions of accredited investor and qualified institutional buyer.
1. Amending §107.2, concerning definitions, to align the definitions relating to accredited investor and qualified institutional buyer with recent changes to those definitions by the Securities and Exchange Commission, reference the current Form D, and expand the definition of EFD System to include additional filings as permitted by Board rule.
2. Amending §109.4, concerning securities registration exemption for sales to financial institutions and certain institutional investors, §109.5, concerning dealer registration exemption for sales to financial institutions and certain institutional investors, and §109.6, concerning investment adviser registration exemption for investment advice to financial institutions and certain institutional investors, to replace detailed definitions relating to accredited investors and qualified institutional buyers with cross-references to definitions in §107.2, concerning definitions.
4. Board preapproval of a grant from the Investor Protection Trust for investor education purposes.
5. Report on budget and performance.
6. Discussion on the upcoming Legislative Session.
7. Update on Agency operations.
8. Executive session to conduct the annual performance review of the Securities Commissioner.
9. Possible action on matters discussed in Executive Session.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Sonia Fergerson at (512) 305-8306 at least five business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
|Datestamp:||09/24/2020 12:00 PM|