Open Meeting Archive
|State Securities Board
|Date of Meeting:
|Time of Meeting:
|State Securities Board
|Telephone Conference Meeting
|Date of Submission:
|Additional Information Obtained From:
|Travis J. Iles, Securities Commissioner, 208 E. 10th Street Austin TX 78701, 512-305-8301
Access Code 2050688
Governor Abbott has temporarily suspended certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act
that require government officials and members of the public to be physically present at a specified meeting location. Pursuant to that suspension, the public will not be able to attend the Board meeting in person but may attend telephonically at no cost. To listen to the meeting, members of the public may call toll-free 1-877-226-9790 and enter access code 2050688.
The February 18th meeting of the State Securities Board will be held remotely by telephone
conference call, as authorized under Texas Government Code, Section 551.125. An electronic
copy of the agenda will be available at https://www.ssb.texas.gov/about-us/agency-reports/statesecurities-board-meetings, along with a copy of the meeting materials. A recording of the meeting will be available by contacting email@example.com or calling 512-305-8304.
Members of the public who would like to address the Board on an agenda item must register by
calling 512-305-8304 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on February 17th and providing their full name, phone number, and identifying the agenda item on which they wish to speak. You will be placed on a list and advised when it is your time to speak. All public comments at the telephonic meeting will be limited to three minutes. Members of the public may also submit written public comments to the Board via email at email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 17th.
1. Minutes of October 8, 2020, Board Meeting; consider excused absences, if any.
2. Recommendation from the Board's Audit Committee related to the selection of an internal auditor for the FY 2021 audit, possibly followed by a vote selecting the internal auditor for FY 2021; annual selection of Audit Committee members.
3. Rulemaking - Adoptions:
A. Matching services.
1. Repeal of §109.15, Designated Matching Services.
2. Repeal of Form 133.35, Application for Designation as Matching Service under §109.15.
B. Updates for SEC changes to definitions of accredited investor and qualified institutional buyer.
1. Amending §107.2, concerning definitions, to align the definitions relating to accredited investor and qualified institutional buyer with recent changes to those definitions by the Securities and Exchange Commission, reference the current Form D, and expand the definition of EFD System to include additional filings as permitted by Board rule.
2. Amending §109.4, concerning securities registration exemption for sales to financial institutions and certain institutional investors, §109.5, concerning dealer registration exemption for sales to financial institutions and certain institutional investors, and §109.6, concerning investment adviser registration exemption for investment advice to financial institutions and certain institutional investors, to replace detailed definitions relating to accredited investors and qualified institutional buyers with cross-references to definitions in §107.2, concerning definitions.
4. Report on budget and performance.
5. Legislative update.
6. Update on Agency operations.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Sonia Fergerson at (512) 305-8306 at least five business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
|02/03/2021 08:35 AM