The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, have
the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) CDS option--Consumer directed services option.
As defined in §41.103(8) of this title (relating to Definitions),
a service delivery option in which a CDS option participant or legally
authorized representative employs and retains a service provider and
directs the delivery of a program service, including a service described
in §68.101 of this chapter (relating to Application).
(2) CDS option participant--A person who receives a
service described in §68.101 of this chapter using the CDS option.
(3) Contractor--An entity that contracts with DADS
to provide a service described in §68.101 of this chapter.
(4) DADS--The Department of Aging and Disability Services.
(5) DADS website--The website at www.dads.state.tx.us.
(6) EVV system--Electronic visit verification system.
An electronic visit verification system that:
(A) allows a service provider to electronically document:
(i) the service recipient's identity;
(ii) the service provider's identity;
(iii) the date and time the service provider begins
and ends the delivery of services;
(iv) the location of service delivery; and
(v) tasks performed by the service provider; and
(B) meets other guidelines described on the DADS website.
(7) FMSA--Financial management services agency. As
defined in §41.103(19) of this title, an entity that contracts
with DADS to provide financial management services.
(8) Service provider--A person who provides a service
described in §68.101 of this chapter and who is employed or contracted
(A) a contractor; or
(B) a CDS option participant.