|(a) A license holder may request to be placed on inactive
status by filing a request for inactive status on a form approved
by the Board and paying the required fee.
(b) A license holder whose license has expired may
renew on inactive status within six months after the license expiration
(1) filing an application for renewal on a form approved
by the Board;
(2) indicating on the application that the license
holder wishes to renew on inactive status;
(3) paying the required late renewal fees; and
(4) satisfying the fingerprint and criminal history
check requirements in §153.12 of this title.
(c) A license holder on inactive status:
(1) shall not appraise real property, engage in appraisal
practice, or perform any activity for which a license is required;
(2) must file the proper renewal application and pay
all required fees, except for the national registry fee, in order
to renew the license.
(d) To return to active status, a license holder who
has been placed on inactive status must:
(1) request to return to active status on a form approved
by the Board;
(2) pay the required fee;
(3) satisfy all ACE requirements that were not completed
while on inactive status, except that the license holder is not required
to complete the most current USPAP update course more than once in
order to return to active status and shall substitute other approved
courses to meet the required number of ACE hours; and
(4) satisfy the fingerprint and criminal history check
requirements in §153.12 of this title.
(e) A license holder who has been on inactive status
may not resume practice until the Board issues an active license.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §153.23 adopted to be effective October 16, 2003, 28 TexReg 8943; amended to be effective March 27, 2007, 32 TexReg 1748; amended to be effective November 9, 2008, 33 TexReg 8943; amended to be effective December 27, 2010, 35 TexReg 11660; amended to be effective November 1, 2011, 36 TexReg 7316; amended to be effective December 4, 2012, 37 TexReg 9505; amended to be effective September 7, 2014, 39 TexReg 6857; amended to be effective January 1, 2017, 41 TexReg 7108