|(a) The applicant will submit a grant application to
(b) Applications or additional information received
after the application deadline will not be considered.
(c) The Commission will:
(1) Publicize the DEAAG program to potential applicants
and provide grant solicitation information; and
(2) Evaluate each application for completeness.
(d) The Commission may assist a local government entity
in applying for a grant.
(e) The Review Panel will:
(1) Review applications, score, and make recommendations
to the Commission;
(2) Provide evaluations and recommendations for grant
awards for all grant applications received based on, but not limited
to, the following criteria:
(A) If the effect on the local governmental entity
is adverse or positive;
(B) The significance of the number of jobs lost, gained
or retained in relation to the workforce in the local governmental
(C) The added military value of the project; and
(D) Any other criteria established by the Commission
as set forth in a grant solicitation.
(f) The Commission will:
(1) Review and score applications using the same criteria
as the Review Panel;
(2) Ensure that the Review Panel does not show bias
in scoring applications;
(3) Review and take into consideration those recommendations
of the Review Panel and the Commission's own score;
(4) Review and approve or disapprove the award of the
grant by a majority vote; and
(5) Provide a statement of explanation for the funding
round of the approved applications that are not in agreement with
the Review Panel recommendations.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §4.36 adopted to be effective November 25, 2009, 34 TexReg 8311; amended to be effective January 28, 2016, 41 TexReg 681; amended to be effective November 17, 2019, 44 TexReg 6853; amended to be effective April 22, 2020, 45 TexReg 2539