The following words and terms, when used with this chapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Agency head--Top-most senior manager with operational
accountability for an agency, such as an executive director, commissioner,
university president, university chancellor, comptroller, or board
(2) Component--Element of project management practices
such as project management methodologies, tools, and techniques.
(3) Department--Department of Information Resources.
(4) Information Resources--Shall have the meaning in §2054.003(7),
Texas Government Code.
(5) Major information resource project--Any information
resources technology project that meets the criteria defined in Texas
Government Code §2054.003(10) and the General Appropriations
(6) Methodology--A system of practices, techniques,
procedures, and rules used by those who work in a discipline.
(7) Process--Series of steps used to achieve specific
goals and results.
(8) Project--An initiative that provides information
resources technologies and creates products, services, or results
within or among elements of a state agency; and is characterized by
well-defined parameters, specific objectives, common benefits, planned
activities, a scheduled completion date, and an established budget
with a specified source of funding.
(9) Project management practices--Documented and repeatable
activities through which a state agency applies knowledge, skills,
tools, and techniques to satisfy project activity requirements.
(10) Standard--A definition, format, or specification
that has been approved by a recognized, formal, national and international
standards organization or is accepted as a de facto standard by the
(11) Texas Project Delivery Framework--a statewide
method for project selection, control, and evaluation based on alignment
with business goals and objectives that assists and guides agencies
to successfully plan and manage major information resources projects.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §216.1 adopted to be effective November 11, 2007, 32 TexReg 7894; amended to be effective November 17, 2009, 34 TexReg 8028; amended to be effective November 23, 2015, 40 TexReg 8198