|(a) A peer specialist must complete required orientation
before applying to participate in core training.
(b) The orientation items are posted on the HHSC website
and training entity websites.
(c) The orientation items are completed through online
modules, self-study, and a readiness assessment.
(d) Orientation includes:
(1) a self-assessment tool;
(2) a description of peer specialist services;
(3) a description of a peer specialist's typical workday;
(4) employment demographics for peer specialists;
(5) review of the background check requirements and
other minimum qualifications to be certified under this chapter;
(6) information about peer specialist careers;
(7) information about the concept of recovery; and
(8) the evidence base for peer support.