Definitions. The following words and terms, when used in these
sections, shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly
(1) Availability for assignment--Refers to the status
of a lot or parking structure, either a part or the whole of which
is used for open parking assignment and shows a utilization of its
open parking areas of less than 100% during peak use hours.
(2) Handicap reserved parking--A parking space in a
parking lot or parking structure to be utilized only by an employee
issued a handicap parking permit by the parking administration. The
spaces will be marked by signs and/or red painted curbs or stops.
(3) Occupying agency--Any state agency with a physical
office or building space within the Capitol Complex.
(4) Open parking--The privilege to park anywhere within
the Capitol Complex parking lots or parking structures except in those
spaces marked as "reserved," "handicap reserved," "visitor parking,"
or designated by the board not to be open parking facilities. No monthly
charge is made for open parking.
(5) Parking administration--A section of the Texas
Department of Public Safety.
(6) Reserved parking--The assignment of a specific
parking space to a state official, an agency or to an employee. The
spaces will be marked by signs and/or yellow painted curbs or stops.
(7) Visitor parking--Parking space used by non-state
employees and other visitors to the Capitol Complex. Visitor parking
may be used by a state employee only if his or her principal place
of employment is outside the Capitol Complex. The spaces will be marked
by signs and/or blue painted curb stops. This definition excludes
any parking spaces in the Capitol Visitors' Parking Garage.