|(a) Any party may request oral argument on a matter
before the Commissioners by filing the request with the Docket Services
Section as part of a party's exceptions, replies to exceptions, motion
for rehearing, or reply to a motion for rehearing. A party may not
orally request the opportunity to make oral argument at a Commission
(b) Oral argument may be allowed at the discretion
of the Commissioners. Failure of the Commissioners to grant a request
for oral argument shall be deemed denial of the request.
(c) The Commissioners may request that parties to any
proceeding present oral argument.
(d) If the Commissioners will hear oral argument, the
Commissioners shall determine the date, time, and order of the oral
argument. The Commissioners may:
(1) request that parties focus their arguments on particular
issues in the case;
(2) determine the sequence in which parties will proceed,
and which party, if any, may close;
(3) impose time limits on all speakers;
(4) limit or exclude unduly repetitious arguments and
(5) require that one representative present the information
and position of closely aligned persons or entities; and
(6) set deadlines for filing additional information
or written briefs in the case.
(e) Persons who need special equipment or assistance
and who have a special request concerning the presentation of comments
or oral argument should contact the secretary of the Commission at
least 48 hours prior to the start of the open meeting to ensure that
they are provided with the necessary special equipment or assistance.
Failure to make such a request will not preclude a person from providing
comment or oral argument. A special request includes:
(1) presentation of video or audio recordings; and/or
(2) use of audio or visual aids.
(f) The Commissioners will accept unsolicited comments
from elected officials when they are acting in their official capacities.