|(a) To be eligible for an emergency consent tow truck
permit, an applicant must:
(1) submit a completed application on a department-approved
(2) provide proof of insurance required under §86.400;
(3) verify that the tow truck is equipped to tow light-duty
or heavy-duty vehicles according to the manufacturer's guidelines;
(4) successfully pass a criminal background check;
(5) pay the consent tow truck permit fee required under §86.800.
(b) An emergency consent tow truck permitted under
this section must:
(1) carry a copy of the cab card in the cab of each
permitted emergency consent tow truck;
(2) display on each permitted emergency consent tow
truck, the permit holder's name and telephone number as listed on
the application for an emergency consent tow truck permit; and
(3) meet the requirements in §86.1000 applicable
to consent tow operators.
(c) If the information required by subsection (b)(2)
is not permanently affixed to the tow truck, the required sign may
be affixed by use of magnetic signs on both sides of the tow truck,
printed in letters and numbers that are at least two inches high and
in a color that contrasts with the color of the background surface.