The following terms, when used in this chapter, have the following
meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Attendance Verification--A system designed for
personal validation of course participants with content validation
throughout the full length of the course.
(2) Commission--The Texas Commission of Licensing and
(3) Course--An online responsible pet owner course
provided to a participant and approved by the department.
(4) Course Provider--A person registered by the department
to offer online responsible pet owner courses.
(5) Department--The Texas Department of Licensing and
(6) Instructional Hour--One hour of instruction is
equivalent to 50 minutes.
(7) Participant--An individual that receives court-ordered
community supervision, pursuant to Article 42A.511, Code of Criminal
Procedure, and is required to register and complete an online responsible
pet owner course.