The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Board--The Texas Higher Education Coordinating
(2) Commissioner--The Commissioner of Higher Education,
the Chief Executive Officer of the Board.
(3) Continuation award--An exemption from tuition awarded
to a student in accordance with this subchapter who has received the
exemption in a previous semester.
(4) Eligible country--A politically independent nation,
other than Cuba and the United States, located in the Western, or
(5) Excess hours--In accordance with Texas Education
Code §54.014, for undergraduates, hours in excess of 30 or more
than those required for completion of the degree program in which
the student is enrolled.
(6) Native-born citizen of an eligible country--A person
who is a citizen of an eligible country and who was born in that country
or who was born abroad, if at least one of his or her parents was
a citizen of the eligible country and not permanently residing in
a foreign country.
(7) Resident of an eligible country--A person who is
a citizen of a country and has that country as his or her place of
home residence and who intends to return to that country to live immediately
after finishing the educational program for which this scholarship
will be used.
(8) Scholastically qualified--Meets the basic admissions
requirements of the nominating institution.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §21.635 adopted to be effective August 16, 2004, 29 TexReg 7976; amended to be effective August 15, 2006, 31 TexReg 6333; amended to be effective May 21, 2008, 33 TexReg 3940; amended to be effective May 18, 2015, 40 TexReg 2663; transferred effective June 1, 2017, as published in the Texas Register May 19, 2017, 42 TexReg 2739; transferred effective September 15, 2018, as published in the Texas Register August 31, 2018, 43 TexReg 5687