(1) Any public junior college as defined in Texas Education
Code, §61.003(2); public technical institute as defined in Texas
Education Code, §61.003(7); and public state college as defined
in Texas Education Code, §61.003(16) is eligible to participate
in the program.
(2) No participating institution may, on the grounds
of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, or disability
exclude an individual from participation in, or deny the benefits
of the program described in this subchapter.
(3) Each participating institution must follow the
Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VI (Public Law 88-352) in avoiding
discrimination in admissions or employment.
(1) Agreement. Each eligible institution must enter
into an agreement with the Board, the terms of which shall be prescribed
by the Commissioner or his/her designee, prior to being approved to
participate in the program.
(2) Approval Deadline. An institution must indicate
an intent to participate in the program by June 1 and enter into an
agreement with the Board by August 31 in order for qualified students
enrolled in that institution to be eligible to receive grants in the
(c) Responsibilities. Participating institutions are
required to abide by the General Provisions outlined in subchapter
A of this chapter.