|(a) Subject to the requirements in subsection (b) of
this section, an assignment for Principles of Technology, Grades 9-12,
is allowed with one of the following certificates.
(1) Master Science Teacher (Grades 8-12).
(2) Mathematics/Physical Science/Engineering: Grades
(3) Mathematics/Physical Science/Engineering: Grades
(4) Physical Science: Grades 6-12.
(5) Physical Science: Grades 8-12.
(6) Physics/Mathematics: Grades 7-12.
(7) Physics/Mathematics: Grades 8-12.
(8) Science: Grades 7-12.
(9) Science: Grades 8-12.
(10) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics:
(11) Secondary Industrial Arts (Grades 6-12).
(12) Secondary Industrial Technology (Grades 6-12).
(13) Secondary Physics (Grades 6-12).
(14) Secondary Science, Composite (Grades 6-12).
(15) Technology Education: Grades 6-12.
(b) An assignment for Principles of Technology, Grades
9-12, may also be taught with a vocational agriculture certificate
or a trades and industry certificate with verifiable physics applications
experience in business and industry, if assigned prior to the 1998-1999
school year. Six semester credit hours of college physics, chemistry,
or electricity/electronics may be substituted for the business and
industry experience. All teachers assigned to these courses shall
participate in Texas Education Agency-approved training prior to teaching
these courses effective with the 2019-2020 school year. Specific details
about the required training can be found at tea.texas.gov/cte.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §231.573 adopted to be effective August 15, 2013, 38 TexReg 5076; amended to be effective October 8, 2015, 40 TexReg 6890; amended to be effective December 21, 2017, 42 TexReg 7122