The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have
the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Act--The Texas Optometry Act, Chapter 351, Texas Occupations
(2) APA--The Administrative Procedure Act, Government Code,
(3) Board--The Texas Optometry Board.
(4) Contested case--A proceeding, including but not restricted
to licensing, in which the legal rights, duties, or privileges of a party
are to be determined by the board after an opportunity for adjudicative hearing.
(5) Executive director--Executive director of the Texas Optometry
(6) PFD--Proposal for decision.
(7) Respondent--A person against whom a formal charge has been
made alleging conduct that violates the Act or rules, regulations, or orders
of the board and whose legal rights are to be determined by the board after
the opportunity for an adjudicative hearing in a contested case as defined
by the APA.
(8) SOAH--State Office of Administrative Hearings.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §271.1 adopted to be effective August 11, 1983, 8 TexReg 2933; amended to be effective September 10, 1993, 18 TexReg 5744; amended to be effective August 2, 1998, 23 TexReg 7561; amended to be effective December 6, 1998, 23 TexReg 11955; amended to be effective September 26, 2002, 27 TexReg 8927