|(a) General Information.
(1) All data must be transmitted electronically to
the Texas EMS & Trauma Registries within ninety calendar days
of the date of discharge from their facility; monthly submissions
(2) Hospitals must report no reportable data (NRD)
to the Registries monthly for any given month with no required reportable
(b) Data Elements and Methods.
(1) Data elements defined by the appropriate data dictionaries
for all required reportable events, must be submitted to the department’s
(2) If a specialized reporting system exists for a
required reportable event, then the case or suspected case must be
submitted to all relevant reporting systems.
(c) Third-party Services.
(1) A hospital may use third-party services to submit
data to the Registries. A legally binding agreement must exist between
the hospital and the third-party services. Documentation of the legally
binding agreement must be provided to the department for third-party
services to submit the data on behalf of the hospital within the Registries.
(2) If a hospital uses the third-party services, the
hospital is ultimately responsible for the complete, accurate and
timely reporting of data to the Registries.