|(a) If a program provider offers assistance with personal
funds management, the program provider must have written authorization
from an individual or LAR before accepting an individual's personal
funds for deposit in a trust fund account. The program provider must:
(1) ensure the written authorization is signed and
dated by the individual or LAR;
(2) provide the individual or LAR with a copy of the
original written authorization; and
(3) maintain the original of the written authorization
in the individual's record.
(b) Before the program provider accepts an individual's
personal funds for deposit in a trust fund account, the program provider
must inform the individual or LAR, orally and in writing, of:
(1) the individual's rights and responsibilities regarding
personal funds management; and
(2) the program provider's responsibilities for providing
assistance with managing the individual's personal funds in a trust
fund account as described in this subchapter.
(c) The program provider must not require an individual
or LAR to request the program provider's assistance with management
of the individual's personal funds.