The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Calendar day--Any day, including weekends and holidays.
(2) Case manager--A service provider of case management.
(3) CFC--Community First Choice. A state plan option
governed by Code of Federal Regulations, Title 42, Chapter 441, Subpart
K, regarding Home and Community-Based Attendant Services and Supports
State Plan Option (Community First Choice).
(4) Community setting--A setting accessible to the
general public within an individual's community.
(5) Day habilitation--A DBMD Program service.
(6) DBMD Program--The Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities
(7) DFPS--Texas Department of Family and Protective
(8) HHSC--The Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
(9) Hospital--A public or private institution licensed
or exempt from licensure in accordance with Texas Health and Safety
Code (THSC) Chapters 13, 241, 261, or 552.
(10) ID/RC Assessment--Intellectual Disability/Related
Conditions Assessment. An HHSC form HHSC uses to determine the LOC
for an individual.
(11) Individual--A person seeking to enroll or who
is enrolled in the DBMD Program.
(12) Individualized skills and socialization--A DBMD
Program service described in this subchapter. The two types of individualized
skills and socialization are on-site individualized skills and socialization
and off-site individualized skills and socialization.
(13) Individualized skills and socialization provider--A
legal entity licensed in accordance with Chapter 559, Subchapter H
of this title (relating to Individualized Skills and Socialization
(14) IPC--Individual Plan of Care. A written plan developed
by an individual's service planning team and documented on the HHSC
Individual Plan of Care form. An IPC:
(i) the type and amount of each DBMD Program service
and each CFC service, except for CFC support management, to be provided
to the individual during an IPC year; and
(ii) if an individual will receive CFC support management;
(B) is authorized by HHSC.
(15) IPC period--The effective period of an enrollment
IPC and a renewal IPC as follows:
(A) for an enrollment IPC, the period of time from
the effective date of the enrollment IPC, as described in the rules
governing the DBMD Program, through the last calendar day of the 11th
month after the month in which enrollment occurred; and
(B) for a renewal IPC, a 12-month period of time starting
on the effective date of a renewal IPC as described in the rules governing
the DBMD Program.
(16) IPP--Individual Program Plan. A written plan developed
in accordance with the rules governing the DBMD Program and documented
on an HHSC Individual Program Plan form.
(17) LAR--Legally authorized representative. A person
authorized by law to act on behalf of an individual with regard to
a matter described in this chapter, and may include a parent, guardian,
or managing conservator of a minor, or the guardian of an adult.
(18) LOC--Level of care. A determination given to an
individual as part of the eligibility determination process based
on data submitted on the ID/RC Assessment.
(19) Medicaid HCBS--Medicaid home and community-based
services. Medicaid services provided to an individual in an individual's
home and community, rather than in a facility.
(20) Nursing facility--A facility licensed in accordance
with THSC Chapter 242.
(21) Program provider--A person that has a contract
with HHSC to provide DBMD Program services, excluding a financial
management services agency.
(22) Service provider--A person who directly provides
a DBMD Program service or a CFC service to an individual.
(23) TAC--Texas Administrative Code. A compilation
of state agency rules published by the Texas Secretary of State in
accordance with Texas Government Code, Chapter 2002, Subchapter C.