The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Critical infrastructure--The resources necessary
to ensure services are available without significant disruption to
the individuals served by the LMHA and to allow the LMHA to fulfill
its obligations under the performance contract.
(2) Department--The Texas Department of State Health
(3) Discrete services--Individual services provided
as part of a defined level of care.
(4) External provider--An organization that provides
mental health services that is not an LMHA, or an individual who provides
mental health services who is not an employee of an LMHA.
(5) Individual--An individual seeking or receiving
mental health services through an LMHA, or the individual's legally
(6) Legally authorized representative (LAR)--A person
authorized by law to act on behalf of an individual with regard to
a matter described in this subchapter, including, but not limited
to, a parent, guardian, or managing conservator.
(7) Licensed psychiatric hospital--A hospital that
(A) A private psychiatric hospital licensed under Texas
Health and Safety Code, Chapter 577, and Chapter 134 of this title
(relating to Private Psychiatric Hospitals and Crisis Stabilization
Units) rules; or
(B) an identifiable inpatient mental health services
unit in a hospital licensed under Health and Safety Code, Chapter
241, and Chapter 133 of this title (relating to Hospital) rules.
(8) LOC or level of care--A designation given to the
department's standardized packages of mental health services which
specify the amount, and duration of mental health services to be provided
to an individual, based on the uniform assessment and utilization
management guidelines referenced in §416.17 of this title (relating
(9) Local Authority Network Advisory Committee (LANAC)--The
committee established under Health and Safety Code, §533.0351
to advise the department on technical and administrative issues that
directly affect LMHA responsibilities. The committee has equal numbers
of representatives from eight stakeholder groups.
(10) Local mental health authority (LMHA)--An entity
designated as a local mental health authority according to the Health
and Safety Code, §533.035(a).
(11) Local service area--A geographic area composed
of one or more Texas counties defining the population that may receive
mental health services through an LMHA.
(12) Network development--The addition of new provider
organizations, services, or capacity to an LMHA's external provider
(13) Performance contract--The contract between the
department and an LMHA that is in effect at the time of an action
required under this subchapter.
(14) Planning and Network Advisory Committee (PNAC)--The
advisory committee of local stakeholders established by an LMHA as
required by the performance contract.
(15) Provider or service provider--An organization
or person who delivers mental health services.
(16) Qualified provider--A provider that is:
(A) a practitioner with the minimum qualifications
required by the performance contract; or
(B) an organization that demonstrates the ability to
provide services described in the performance contract, as specified
in the department's approved procurement template.
(17) Routine outpatient services--Services available
in a level of care, excluding inpatient, residential and most crisis
services. Routine outpatient services include office-based crisis
intervention provided as part of rehabilitation services during normal
business hours but exclude all other crisis services.
(18) Service capacity--The estimated number of individuals
that can be served in each level of care with available resources.
(19) Specialized services--Services that are not generally
provided by the individual's treatment team, including stand-alone
crisis and residential services.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §301.255 adopted to be effective January 1, 2015, 39 TexReg 10478; transferred effective March 15, 2020, as published in the February 21, 2020 issue of the Texas Register, 45 TexReg 1237