The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Adolescent--An individual who is at least 13 years
of age, but younger than 19 years of age.
(2) Assessment--A set of standardized assessment measures
used by the department to determine level of need as set forth in
the approved waiver.
(3) Child--An individual who is at least three years
of age, but younger than 13 years of age.
(4) Department--Department of State Health Services.
(5) LAR or legally authorized representative--A person
authorized by law to act on behalf of a child or adolescent with regard
to a matter described in this subchapter, including, but not limited
to, a parent, guardian, or managing conservator.
(6) LMHA or local mental health authority--An entity
designated as the local mental authority by the department in accordance
with the Health and Safety Code, §533.035(a).
(7) LPHA or licensed practitioner of the healing arts--A
person who is:
(A) a physician;
(B) a licensed professional counselor;
(C) a licensed clinical social worker;
(D) a licensed psychologist;
(E) an advanced practice nurse; or
(F) a licensed marriage and family therapist.
(8) Provider--Any person or legal entity that has an
agreement with the department and the single state Medicaid agency
to provide the waiver program services, as described in the approved
(9) SED or severe emotional disturbance--A child or
adolescent with a serious functional impairment or acute severe psychiatric
symptomatology as identified by the assessment.
(10) Waiver program--A Medicaid program that provides
waiver program services to a limited number of eligible children or
adolescents, in accordance with the provisions of the waiver approved
under the federal Social Security Act, §1915(c).
(11) Waiver program services--Medicaid community-based
services provided under the approved waiver program.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §307.3 adopted to be effective November 19, 2009, 34 TexReg 8038; transferred effective February 15, 2020, as published in the Texas Register January 17, 2020, 45 TexReg 471