|(a) Any facility staff who has reasonable cause to
believe that a client is in a state of abuse, neglect, or exploitation
must report the abuse, neglect, or exploitation to DADS state office
at 1-800-458-9858 and must follow the facility's internal policies
regarding abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
(b) The following information must be reported to DADS:
(1) name, age, and address of the client;
(2) name and address of the person responsible for
the care of the client, if available;
(3) nature and extent of the elderly or disabled person's
(4) basis of the reporter's knowledge; and
(5) any other relevant information.
(c) The facility must investigate the alleged abuse,
neglect, or exploitation and send a written report of the investigation
to DADS state office no later than the fifth day after the oral report
and be available for inspection by DADS.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §559.92 adopted to be effective May 1, 1999, 24 TexReg 3100; amended to be effective April 1, 2007, 32 TexReg 1749; transferred effective January 15, 2021, as published in the Texas Register December 18, 2020, 45 TexReg 9249