|(a) Interviews for a foster home screening must be
documented and must include at least:
(1) One individual interview with each prospective
(2) One individual interview with each child three
years old or older living in the home either full- or part-time;
(3) One individual interview with each other person
living in the home either full- or part-time;
(4) One joint interview with the prospective foster
(5) One family group interview with all family members
living in the home;
(6) One interview, by telephone, in person, or by letter,
with each minor child 12 years old or older or adult child of the
prospective foster parents not living in the home;
(7) A minimum of one interview, by telephone, in person,
or by letter with a family member not living in the home and not already
(8) A minimum of two interviews, by telephone, in person,
or by letter with neighbors, school personnel if the prospective foster
parents have school age children, clergy, or any other member of the
prospective foster parents' community who are unrelated to the foster
parents and can provide a description of the prospective foster parents'
suitability to provide care for children.
(b) You must visit the home at least once when all
members of the household are present.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §749.2449 adopted to be effective January 1, 2007, 31 TexReg 7469; amended to be effective September 1, 2014, 39 TexReg 6229; transferred effective March 9, 2018, as published in the Texas Register February 16, 2018, 43 TexReg 909