|(a) Except when charging is prohibited by law or contract
and subject to the provisions in this section, charges continue to
(1) for the entire period the individual receives support,
maintenance, and treatment at the facility;
(2) for the entire period of the individual's absence
from the facility, if the individual remains under the care, custody,
and control of facility personnel;
(3) for the entire period the individual is absent
from the facility for admission to an inpatient medical facility and
charges for the medical services at the inpatient medical facility
are not paid by a third-party payor; and
(4) for the first three days of the individual's absence
from the facility, other than an absence described in paragraphs (2)
and (3) of this subsection, from which the individual plans to return.
(b) The following are considered a full day at the
(1) the day of the individual's admission to the facility;
(2) the day of the individual's death at the facility;
(3) the day the individual returns to the facility
from an absence.
(c) The day of the individual's discharge from the
facility is considered a full day away from the facility.
(d) If the individual or legally authorized representative
(LAR) has provided complete financial information and the person disagrees
with the fees assessed by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission,
and the individual has not yet been admitted to a state hospital,
the individual or LAR may contact the reimbursement office of the
state hospital in which the individual would receive services to appeal
charges to the state hospital superintendent, or designee.