|(a) The definitions in Insurance Code §981.002
and §981.071 apply to this chapter.
(b) The following words and terms, when used in this
chapter, have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Client--Any person to whom a surplus lines agent
sells or attempts to sell a surplus lines insurance policy, or from
whom an application for surplus lines insurance is accepted, or to
whom advice and counsel on a surplus lines insurance policy is given
for the purpose of selling a surplus lines insurance policy.
(2) Commissioner--The Texas Commissioner of Insurance.
(3) Comptroller--The office of the Texas Comptroller
of Public Accounts.
(4) Person--An individual or entity as defined by Insurance
(5) Stamping Office--The Surplus Lines Stamping Office
of Texas created under Insurance Code Subchapter D, Chapter 981, and
operating under a plan of operation as specified by §15.201 of
this title. The organization is also commonly referred to as a service
office by peer offices throughout the country.
(6) State--Any state, district, commonwealth, territory,
and insular possession of the United States and any area subject to
the legislative authority of the United States of America.
(7) Surplus lines agent--A person, whether an individual
or entity, holding a surplus lines license issued by TDI under Insurance
Code Chapter 981.
(8) TDI--Texas Department of Insurance.
(9) Timely filed--A transaction filed with the stamping
office that meets the requirements of Insurance Code §981.105(a).
(10) Untimely filed--A transaction filed with the stamping
office that does not meet the requirements of Insurance Code §981.105(a).