The following definitions apply to §§5.4029 - 5.4041:
(1) Applicable storm--An event described in §5.4029(b)
of this title.
(2) Catastrophe area--A municipality, a part of a municipality,
a county, or a part of a county designated by the commissioner of
insurance under Insurance Code §2210.005.
(3) Damage estimation module--The module incorporated
by reference in §5.4041 of this title.
(4) Expert panel--The panel created under Insurance
(5) Hazard module--The component of the wind damage
evaluation in which the association gathers data from an applicable
storm and uses that data to generate wind speed time histories and
surge and wave time histories.
(6) Residential slab claim--A first-party claim on
a residential structure of which nothing more remains than foundation
elements such as pilings, floor framing members, or concrete slab,
and there is insufficient evidence to enable the association to determine
the extent to which the loss occurred as a result of wind, waves,
tidal surges, or rising waters not caused by waves or surges.