The following terms, when used in connection with this division
and Insurance Code Chapter 2210, Subchapter O, mean the following:
(1) Association--The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association.
(2) Assumption reinsurance agreement--A written agreement
between the association and an insurer under which the association's
legal and contractual obligations for certain association policies
are transferred to the insurer by novation, as further evidenced by
an assumption certificate issued to affected insureds.
(3) Department--Texas Department of Insurance.
(4) Generally comparable coverage--Coverage described
in §5.4303 of this title.
(5) Electronic information repository--Association
policyholder information database described in §5.4305 of this
(6) Insurer--An insurer authorized to engage in the
business of insurance in Texas and to write property insurance. This
does not include an eligible surplus lines insurer.
(7) Limited service agreement--An agreement described
in §5.4304 of this title.
(8) Transfer--The shifting of an association policyholder's
windstorm and hail insurance coverage from the association to an insurer
who has identified the association policyholder using the electronic