|(a) In providing incentives for enhanced environmental
performance, the executive director shall offer incentives based on:
(1) a person's and/or site's compliance history; and
(2) a person's voluntary measures, including participation
in innovative programs, to improve environmental quality. The executive
director may give favorable consideration to voluntary measures that
are related to the specific media for which a person is requesting
incentives or participation in an innovative program.
(b) In providing incentives, the executive director
may also consider any other factor that the executive director finds
relevant that leads to enhanced environmental performance.
(c) The incentives the executive director may offer
for participation in innovative programs include, but are not limited
(1) one point of contact for coordinating innovative
(2) technical assistance provided by the agency;
(3) accelerated access to agency information;
(4) modification of state regulatory requirements that
do not increase existing emission or discharge limits or decrease
(5) flexibility in regulatory processes;
(6) public recognition; and
(7) inclusion of the use of an Environmental Management
System in a site's compliance history and compliance summaries.
(d) An innovative program offered as part of the strategically
directed regulatory structure must be consistent with other law and
any requirement necessary to maintain federal program authorization,
including the provisions of any agreements between the agency and
the federal government.