|(a) The provisions of this subchapter apply to any species
of wildlife listed in this state as threatened or endangered, living or dead,
(b) Except as otherwise provided in this subchapter or Parks
and Wildlife Code, Chapters 67 or 68, no person may:
(1) take, possess, propagate, transport, export, sell or offer
for sale, or ship any species of fish or wildlife listed by the department
as endangered; or
(2) take, possess, propagate, transport, import, export, sell,
or offer for sale any species of fish or wildlife listed in this subchapter
(3) sell or propagate for sale any species of fish or wildlife
listed by the department as endangered, unless that person also possesses
an endangered species propagation permit.
(c) Any person may possess, transport, import, export, sell,
or offer for sale goods made from fish or wildlife listed in this subchapter
as threatened, provided the person possesses:
(1) a copy of an out-of-state permit authorizing the possession
of the specimens in the state of origin, valid at the time the specimen enters
(2) a bill of sale identifying the source of the specimen;
(3) a notarized affidavit stating the source of the specimen
and that the specimen(s) was legally obtained.
(d) Any person may possess or transport lawfully obtained live,
mounted, or preserved specimens of threatened or endangered species, including
specimens acquired in another state, provided the person complies with the
provisions of subsection (c)(1)-(3) of this section.