The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have
the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) APT -- refers to The Administrative Procedures Act, Texas
Government Code §2001.001, et seq.
(2) Contested case -- refers to a contested case as defined
(3) Department -- refers to the Department of Public Safety.
(4) Director -- refers to the director of the Department
of Public Safety or the designee of the director.
(5) Intervenor -- refers to any party not otherwise defined.
(6) Judge -- refers to the administrative law judge or
hearing examiner assigned to hear a contested case and prepare a proposal
for decision for the director or the director's designee.
(7) Movant -- refers to the party who files a motion.
(8) Non-movant -- refers to any party other than the party
filing a motion.
(9) Party -- refers to each person or agency named or
admitted in a contested case.
(10) Petitioner -- refers to the party classification
of the department after it has instituted a contested case.
(11) Respondent -- refers to a party against whom a contested
case has been instituted by the department.
(12) SOAH -- refers to the State Office of Administrative