|(a) An applicant for a license must submit photographs
unless the applicant holds an unexpired Texas driver license or an
unexpired Texas personal identification certificate.
(b) If an applicant is required to submit photographs,
the applicant shall submit two recent identical photographs of the
applicant to the department. The photographs must:
(1) be passport style, unretouched prints and not snapshots,
vending machine prints, or full length photographs;
(2) be 2 inches by 2 inches in size and printed on
photo quality paper;
(3) be taken in normal light, with a contrasting white
(4) present a clear, frontal image of the applicant
and include the full face from the bottom of the chin to the top of
the head, including hair; and
(5) be taken without eyeglasses.
(c) Unless worn daily for religious purposes, all hats
or headgear must be removed for the photograph and no item or attire
may cover or otherwise obscure any facial features, including the
eyes, nose, and mouth.