|(a) Experimentation. Participation by residents in
medical, psychological, pharmaceutical, or cosmetic experiments is
(b) Research Studies.
(1) Participation by residents in medical, psychological,
pharmaceutical, or cosmetic research is prohibited unless:
(A) the research study is approved in writing by the
juvenile board or its designee; and
(B) the juvenile board has adopted policies that:
(i) govern all authorized research studies;
(ii) prohibit studies that include medically invasive
(iii) adhere to all federal requirements governing
human subjects and confidentiality.
(2) If the juvenile board authorizes a board member
or staff member to approve research studies on behalf of the board,
the authorization shall be in writing.
(3) Approved research studies shall adhere to all applicable
policies of the authorizing juvenile board.
(4) Research studies approved by the juvenile board
shall be reported to TJJD before the study begins in a format prescribed
(5) The results of the study shall be made available
to TJJD upon completion of the study.