|(a) A formalized and objective written classification
assessment shall be completed prior to placing a resident in a MOHU.
The classification assessment process shall include a review and weighting
of the following criteria:
(1) Physical health--A review of all available health
documentation possessed by the facility staff with an emphasis on
assessing any diagnosed or suspected infectious or contagious diseases.
(2) Mental health--A review of all available mental
health documentation possessed by the facility staff with an emphasis
on assessing mental health or mental illness diagnoses that could
be exacerbated by, or that would not be conducive to, multiple-occupancy
(3) Sexual behavior--An assessment of the resident's
potential to be sexually abused by other residents and his or her
potential to be sexually abusive.
(4) Aggressive or assaultive behaviors--An assessment
of the resident's history of, or propensity for, aggressive (both
verbal and physical) and assaultive behaviors. This assessment shall
include a review of the resident's formal referral history (both alleged
and disposed charges) and institutional behavior records.
(5) Susceptibility to acts of peer abuse, harassment,
and exploitation--An assessment of a resident's physical stature,
emotional maturity, enemies of record, and social functioning information.
(6) Institutional behavior or discipline records--A
review of a resident's behavior records for the current term of detention
and any available behavior records from previous institutional custody
periods provided by the assessing jurisdiction.
(7) Special needs or circumstances that may compromise
the resident's or other MOHU residents' physical safety and the processes
for successfully delivering services.
(b) The completed classification assessment document
(1) an objective assessment score or recommendation
for or against a MOHU placement;
(2) the date the assessment process was completed;
(3) the signature of the person completing the assessment;
(4) the signature of the supervisory-level staff who
reviewed and approved the assessment.