In addition to the definitions set out in the Texas Agriculture Code, §71.041,
the following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have the following
meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Beneficial organism--Any pathogen, arthropod, or other
biological organism that is a predator, parasite, or pathogen of a plant pest
and which causes only minor or incidental damage, if any, to nursery products
and/or floral items subject to regulation under the Texas Agriculture Code,
(2) Distribute--Offer for sale, hold for sale, sell, barter,
(3) Event permit--A registration issued by the department for
the operation of a business holding a valid registration certificate for the
purpose of selling nursery products and/or floral items at a temporary location,
during any portion of a 24 hour period.
(4) Integrated pest management plan--A department-approved
plan for the management of plant pests during plant production.
(5) Plant pest--Any pathogen, arthropod, or other non-vertebrate
biological organism that is detrimental to plants or plant products. subject
to regulation under the Texas Agriculture Code, Chapter 71.
(6) Temporary location--A non-permanent location where nursery
products and/or floral items are sold, offered for sale or lease, grown for
the purpose of sale or lease, or offered as an enticement to promote the sale
or lease of other items.