(1) An independent testing laboratory, or a laboratory
in an institution of higher education, must be registered with the
Department before performing any test related to the Department hemp
(2) An independent testing laboratory or a laboratory
in an institution of higher education shall submit a complete application
for registration in a form prescribed by the Department.
(3) An independent testing laboratory or a laboratory
in an institution of higher education must be accredited by an independent
accreditation body in accordance with International Organization for
Standardization ISO/IEC 17025 and must be registered with DEA.
(b) Registered Laboratories.
(1) A list of Department-registered laboratories shall
be available to license holders on the Department website.
(2) A license holder may test a hemp sample using a
registered laboratory in accordance with Tex. Agric. Code §122.151(c).
(3) A license holder who uses a registered laboratory
shall pay that laboratory's fees.
(c) State of Texas Laboratory.
(1) A license holder may test a hemp sample using a
State of Texas Laboratory operated by the Department or its representative
(2) The State Laboratory shall be used if the license
holder fails to use a registered laboratory.
(3) A license holder shall pay the State laboratory
(4) The State Laboratory shall be registered with DEA.