In addition to terms and definitions set out in 7 CFR Parts
250 and 251, and 2 CFR Part 200, the following words and terms, when
used in this subchapter, shall have the following meanings unless
the context clearly indicates otherwise. In the event of a conflict
between a definition in this section and TDA guidance, the definition
in this section shall prevail. In the event of a conflict between
a definition in this section and federal law, the provisions of federal
law, whether statute, regulation or guidance, shall prevail.
(1) Allocation--A process of designating entitlement.
(2) CFR--Code of Federal Regulations.
(3) Compliance review--A review conducted by TDA of
a CE or its sub-distributing agencies; or a review of a sub-distributing
agency conducted by a CE.
(4) Congregate meal--A meal prepared with USDA Foods
and provided to persons who gather in a congregate setting to participate.
(5) Congregate setting--A place where people gather
to receive meals prepared with USDA Foods.
(6) Contracting entity (CE)--An entity that holds a
TEFAP agreement with TDA.
(7) Corrective action plan (CAP)--A plan developed
by a CE or sub-agency to correct deficiencies or noncompliance findings
relating to the receipt and use of USDA Foods.
(8) Emergency feeding organization (EFO)--A public
or private, nonprofit organization that provides nutrition assistance
to relieve situations of emergency and distress through the provision
of food to eligible persons.
(9) Household--An individual or group of related or
unrelated individuals (excluding boarders and residents of institutions)
who live together as a single economic unit and customarily purchase
and prepare food in common.
(11) Letter of Credit amount--The reimbursement limit
during the contract year.
(12) Participant--A person that participates in TEFAP.
(13) Policy--Applicable federal and state statutes,
regulations and other laws, along with written instructions, guidance,
handbooks, manuals, and other documents issued by USDA or TDA to clarify
or explain existing laws and regulations. TDA may communicate TEFAP
policy by the TEFAP Handbook; email; forms and form instructions;
reference in contract; and any other type of communication. TDA may
implement policy changes prior to amending state rules, as required
by federal laws and regulations, or as needed to implement federal
or state laws and regulations.
(14) Recipient--A person or household receiving USDA
(15) Service area--The specific geographical area served
by a single TEFAP CE. Service areas are determined, at TDA's discretion,
by predefined areas within the state, including, but not limited to,
the following: county or counties; zip codes; or neighborhoods.
(16) Site--a location that holds a TEFAP agreement
with either a CE or a sub-distributing agency.
(17) Sub-agency--The collective term for sub-distributing
agencies and sites.
(18) Sub-distributing agency--An entity that holds
a TEFAP agreement with a CE and a site.
(19) TDA--Texas Department of Agriculture.
(20) TEFAP--The Emergency Food Assistance Program.
(21) USDA--United States Department of Agriculture.