|(a) Communities must conduct public hearings in accordance
with the requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551
of the Texas Government Code, including notice requirements.
(b) Public hearings must be:
(1) held at times and locations convenient to potential
or actual beneficiaries (no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on a weekday or
at a convenient time on a Saturday or Sunday); and
(2) conducted in a manner to meet the needs of non-English
speaking residents where a significant number of non-English speaking
residents can reasonably be expected to participate.
(c) Each public notice of hearing must:
(1) be published in a local newspaper of general circulation
at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting;
(2) include the date, time, and location of the hearing
and the topics to be considered at the hearing;
(3) be printed in English or the language predominantly
spoken by non-English speaking residents in the proposed beneficiary
(4) be posted and prominently displayed in public buildings;
(5) be distributed to local organizations that provide
services or housing for low and moderate income persons, including
but not limited to faith-based organizations, the local or area Public
Housing Authority, the local or area health and human services office,
and the local or area mental health and mental retardation office.
(d) Failure to comply with public notice requirements
will result in disqualification of an application.