|(a) Publication of Notice. The executive director shall give
notice of a quarantine established within this state:
(1) by publishing notice in a newspaper published in the county
in which the quarantine is established,
(2) by posting notice at the courthouse door of that county,
(3) by delivering a written notice to the owner or caretaker
of the animals or places to be quarantined.
(b) Contents of Notice. The quarantine notice must state:
(1) the cause for which the quarantine is established, whether
for infection or for exposure,
(2) describe the area or premises quarantined in a reasonable
manner that enables a person to identify the area or premises (but is not
required to describe the area or premises by metes and bounds),
(3) if the seriousness of the disease is sufficient to warrant
prohibiting the movement of animals, the notice must state that the movement
(4) any exceptions, terms, conditions, or provisions prescribed
under this chapter must be stated in the quarantine notice,
(5) state the class of persons authorized by the commission
or the Executive Director to issue certificates or permits permitting movement,
(6) any authorized movement certificate or permit must be issued
in conformity with the requirements stated in the quarantine notice.
(A) The executive director may provide for a written certificate
or written permit authorizing the movement of commodities or animals from
quarantined places or the movement of quarantined commodities or animals.
(B) The certificate or permit must be issued by a veterinarian
or other person authorized by the commission to issue a certificate or permit.
(7) if the quarantine regulates or prohibits the movement of
a carrier or potential carrier of a disease, the Executive Director may prescribe:
(A) any exceptions,
(C) conditions, or
(D) provisions that the executive director considers necessary
or desirable to promote the objectives of this chapter or to minimize the
economic impact of the quarantine without endangering those objectives or
the health and safety of the public.