|(a) Caregivers meeting the eligibility requirements
specified in §700.1003 of this title (relating to What are the
eligibility requirements for caregiver assistance?) are eligible only
(1) the household income of the caregiver does not
exceed 300% of poverty, as determined by federal poverty guidelines;
(2) the caregiver is awarded permanent managing conservatorship
after September 1, 2017, for children that were previously in the
conservatorship of DFPS; and
(3) the caregiver continues to comply with the signed
caregiver assistance agreement.
(b) The annual reimbursement may not exceed $500 per
child for DFPS approved child-related expenses.
(c) The annual reimbursement applies only to expenses
incurred while the child is in the caregiver’s care.
(d) The caregiver may receive the annual reimbursement
until the earlier of:
(1) three years following the award of permanent managing
conservatorship of the child, or
(2) the child’s 18th birthday.