|(a) At the first meeting with the family after the
referral, the contractor must explain:
(1) circumstances that would cause the child no longer
to meet the eligibility requirements for early intervention services;
(2) the ECI transition process.
(b) The contractor must provide the enrolled family
an overview of transition concepts and activities including:
(1) ways to plan ahead and help the child adjust to
and function in new settings;
(2) future placement options for the child such as
LEA special education services, community childcare settings, and
(3) referral and contact information for relevant advocacy
groups, local resources, parent support organizations, Medicaid programs,
and other governmental agencies; and
(4) LEA Notification requirements and the LEA Notification
Opt Out option.
(c) The contractor must document the transition conversation
with the family in a progress note.