|(a) TxDOT will conduct programmatic outreach in order
to broaden understanding of Texas archeology and history and TxDOT's
role in studying these topics, capitalize on partnerships to reach
more stakeholders and maximize outreach success, create opportunities
to do outreach using content from many different projects, and establish
and maintain a link between TxDOT's public involvement and consultation
(b) The outreach program will take the following forms.
(1) TxDOT will develop and implement a communications
(2) TxDOT will increase stakeholder outreach by conducting
studies of existing and potential audiences, sharing information and
opportunities with partners, partnering with other agencies on educational
and outreach activities, and participating in conferences and events
to raise awareness of TxDOT's work.
(3) TxDOT will create special projects or campaigns
to support the goals of the program.
(4) TxDOT will streamline public involvement by working
with other internal offices to identify and engage with parties who
may wish to engage in consultation on FHWA undertakings under Section
106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
(5) TxDOT will monitor the effectiveness of its efforts
and make appropriate adjustments to achieve the outreach goals.