(1) A person issued a digital license plate must pay
an administrative fee of $95.00 to the digital license plate provider
upon initial application for a digital license plate, and to the county
tax-assessor collector or the department, as applicable, on renewal
of registration for a vehicle with a digital license plate.
(2) The expiration date of the digital license plate
will be aligned with the registration period and the administrative
fee due under subsection (a) of this section will be adjusted to yield
the appropriate fee.
(3) A digital license plate administrative fee will
be refunded only when registration fees are overcharged under Transportation
Code, §502. 195.
(1) All state, county, local, and other applicable
fees are due at the time of registration of a vehicle with a digital
(2) Digital license plate providers that have received
the administrative fee under subsection (a) of this section must submit
payment of the administrative fee due in full to the department upon
receipt of an application for a digital license plate.