|(a) System. Each investment adviser shall establish,
maintain, and enforce a written system of policies, programs, plans,
or procedures to address suspected financial exploitation of vulnerable
adults. The system must be reasonably designed to achieve compliance
with the Texas Securities Act, Section 45.
(b) Reporting. The report of suspected financial exploitation
(complaint) required by the Texas Securities Act, Section 45.C, must
be made in writing to the Securities Commissioner. The complaint may
be in the form of a letter or memorandum and submitted electronically,
by facsimile, or any other method designed to assure its prompt receipt.
A template for submitting the required information is available on
the website of the Texas State Securities Board. The complaint shall
(1) the name, age, and address of the vulnerable adult;
(2) the name and address of any person responsible
for the care of the vulnerable adult;
(3) the nature and extent of the condition of the vulnerable
(4) the basis of the investment adviser's knowledge;
(5) any other relevant information.