The following words and terms, when used in Subchapter G of
this chapter, shall have the following meanings, unless the context
clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Broker Responsibility Course--The course required
by §1101.458 of the Act.
(2) CE--Continuing education.
(3) CE instructor--A person chosen by a provider to
teach continuing education courses.
(4) CE provider--Any person approved by the Commission;
or specifically exempt by the Act, Chapter 1102, Texas Occupation
Code, or Commission rule; that offers a course for which continuing
education credit may be granted by the Commission to a license holder
(5) Classroom delivery--A method of course delivery
where the instructor and students interact face to face and in real
time, in either the same physical location, or through the use of
(6) Distance education delivery--A method of course
delivery other than classroom delivery, including online and correspondence
(7) Combination delivery--A combination of classroom
and distance education where at least 50% of the course is offered
through classroom delivery.
(8) Elective CE course--A continuing education course,
other than a Non-elective CE course, approved by the Commission as
acceptable to fulfil the continuing education hours needed to renew
(9) Non-elective CE course--A continuing education
course, for which the subject matter of the course is specifically
mandated by the Act, Chapter 1102, or Commission rule, that a license
holder is required to take prior to renewal of a license.
(10) Legal Update Courses--Required courses created
for and approved by the Texas Real Estate Commission to satisfy the
eight hours of continuing education required by §1101.455 of
(11) Person--Any individual, partnership, corporation,
or other legal entity, including a state agency or governmental subdivision.
(12) Proctor--A person who monitors a final examination
for a course offered by a provider under the guidelines contained
in this section. A proctor may be a course instructor, the provider,
an employee of a college or university testing center, a librarian,
or other person approved by the Commission.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §535.70 adopted to be effective January 1, 2015, 39 TexReg 9669; amended to be effective January 1, 2016, 40 TexReg 8237; amended to be effective December 9, 2018, 43 TexReg 7904; amended to be effective December 11, 2019, 44 TexReg 7703