|(a) The Agency shall conduct fiscal monitoring activities
to ensure that resources are efficiently and effectively used for
authorized purposes and are protected from waste, fraud, and abuse.
(b) Processes and procedures used to assess a Grantee
may include the review and evaluation of one or more of the following:
(1) accounting and reporting systems;
(2) budget methodologies;
(3) cash management practices;
(4) cost allocation plans and processes;
(5) cash disbursement compliance and documentation;
(6) insurance coverage and risk exposure;
(7) oversight and monitoring functions;
(8) payroll administration;
(9) purchasing and procurement processes and procedures;
(10) property accountability and safeguarding;
(11) expenditure benchmarks; and
(12) other documents, processes and systems as determined
by the Agency.
(c) Processes and procedures used to assess a Grantee
shall include a review, evaluation, and determination regarding compliance
with the Grant Agreement, the Fund for Veterans' Assistance Fiscal
Guidelines, the State of Texas Uniform Grant Management Standards
(UGMS), and 2 C.F.R. 200 - Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost
Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.